The IHRA Definition of Antisemitism: Eleven Examples, Eleven Stories
On September 16, 2020, The Combat Anti-Semitism (CAM) hosted a live studio event entitled “The IHRA Definition of Anti-Semitism: Eleven Examples, Eleven Stories.” The event featured eleven examples of modern anti-Semitism under the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) definition alongside eleven corresponding real stories from victims of anti-Semitism, bringing the IHRA definition to life.
In the fight against global antisemitism, the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) definition of antisemitism has been an integral tool for governments, non-profits, academic institutions, corporations and many other entities. The IHRA definition was formulated and agreed upon by its by 34 member countries and has been formally adopted by 27 countries and many other states, cities and organizations around the globe. However, many leaders and decision-makers are not yet familiar with this powerful tool to assess hatred towards Jews and maintain accountability.
Featuring Distinguished International Diplomatic Speakers:
- Ambassador Michaela Küchler, Chair of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA)
- Elan S. Carr, US Special Envoy for Monitoring and Combating Anti-Semitism
- Dr. Felix Klein, Federal Commissioner for Jewish Life in Germany and the Fight Against Anti-Semitism
- Lord Eric Pickles, United Kingdom Special Envoy for Post-Holocaust Issues
- Ahmed Shaheed, UN Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief
- Dr. Charles Asher Small, Executive Director, ISGAP; Research Scholar, St. Antony’s College, Oxford
Most importantly, eleven individuals, including ISGAP Executive Director, Dr. Charles Asher Small, shared their personal experiences with antisemitism with a live global audience. These individuals embody the best of those standing up to defeat antisemitism today.
As global chaos fuels a rapid rise in antisemitism, resulting in the emergence of new antisemitic trends, agreeing upon and working from a universal definition is critical in order to effectively combat antisemitic threats from across the ideological spectrum. Through this international forum, learn how you can be a part of the solution by helping scale the impact of the IHRA definition in your community.